LONG-DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP

I know this is long overdue but let’s have it.

Long Distance relationship: as far as I’m concerned, I think it’s one of the hardest thing to be as people these days craves their other half’s attention. Let me not speak for everyone but who doesn’t love to be with the people they love?

A few months ago, I was on this space and they were discussing long-distance relationship and it was a mess. Let me help you list it out.

REASONS WHY I WANT TO BE IN A LONG-DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP

1. I enjoy my space so much: this is a very very selfish reason for wanting to be in a long-distance relationship. Unless you don't ever want to see them, you cannot want to be in your space every time when you're committed to someone. Even as just roomates, you do not own your space completely. Wanting to have your space yet engaging someone who's far away without having the plan to give your space up later is selfish. It means there won't be any commitment whatsoever.

2. I am scared of commitment: maybe this is an excuse but I do not agree. Before you make your mind up about being in a relationship, you should have at the back of your mind that you will either stay committed or end it however, it might not be the same for the other person and you guys need to be in sync so it can work out. What if the other person wants to be committed is committed?

These are the two excuses that I can remember. After reading, you might as well add yours too.
 I will so much appreciate it.

Before you agree that you want to be in a long-distance relationship you need to check some things out 

1. What do I want: this doesn't apply to relationships only, I think we all have a preference for whatever we’re trying to embark on but as per this, you need to understand if long-distance relationship works for you or not. If doesn't, please don't stress it. 
You'll just continue to cheat, have minor blood pressure problems and eventually break up. 

2. Have you worked on your trust and commitment issues: even for face me and face you relationship, it's still risky to go into the relationship with trust and commitment issues, it kills love very fast and sends it back to its grave. It's not healthy at all and how much more long-distance. One of the solid reasons why long distance will work is when the trust is firm. As I no dey see the person I dey date, I know wetin he/she dey do? More reasons why there needs to be trust.
If you still struggle in trusting people and your commitment no dey rise at all despite the sun, abeg no do. E go tire you 

3. Make sure you define whatever it is that you're doing: please for clarity's sake, don't go into any relationship without defining whatever it is you won't to do. Relationship  is a very abused word and many people go into without “clarity”. You can actually be the one inside the relationship doing all the work while the other party still won't care. 
Make sure it's not post nut clarity too (LOL), I'm just joking. Whatever it is, make sure you're cleared!

4. My friend, how is your communication skill: I'm not going to lie to you, people do not know how to communicate. Forget social media quotes, people cannot communicate properly and two people who are far away from each other doing this love thing, you'll need to upgrade and sharpen your communication skill. It's a tool that you'll necessarily need the most.


Do you fit to be in a long-distance relationship or are you in one already?
HOW DO YOU KEEP COMMUNICATION GOING WITHOUT GETTING BORED OR FALLING OUT OF LOVE?
(to be continued)..........

Comments

  1. I can't really cope with a long distance relationship. Nah I don't fit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I’M SCARED I WILL MISS TOO MUCH

DO I SOUND FAMILIAR?

AM I REALLY BEING INSECURE AND JEALOUS